Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Accidental Movie Quoting

My brother Doug and I share a love of quoting silly movies. I don't get to be around him much anymore, and one of the things I miss most is having someone there who always gets my quotes and jokes.

Today after the boys got up from their nap, I gave them some string cheese and a few goldfish crackers. Joshua has a couple of keys on a keyring (not sure where they came from, so we just cleaned them up and gave them to him to play with) that he carries around, and he was sticking one of the keys into his string cheese. I told him "don't stick the key in your cheese, you need to eat it." He proceeded to put the key in his mouth. And then I said, before I even realized how funny it was (to myself and Doug - but maybe not to the rest of my readers) "not the keys...the cheese!" I was so tickled that I actually used one of our favorite quotes in real life (but reversed), and so bummed that he wasn't there to witness it. So I had to blog it.

This one's for you, Doug!

Oh, and if any of you are wondering, that is a quote from the movie "The Mask," starring Jim Carrey.

1 comment:

Doughobbs said...

Awesome. That is so funny. Any your kids were none the wiser.