So I'll try to summarize what Blake is like right now, at 20 months old:
- He is a dynamo! Full of energy, he does not like to be confined (or to be held for long). He gets right in the thick of the action, regardless of the personal risk he assumes by doing so.
- He is a ham. He totally has a great sense of humor already, and likes to get attention with it. He knows he's funny, which makes it even funnier.
- He is very verbal. He is using sentences now! He will say things like "I don't know," or "Pacis are for night-night," or "Hugs and kisses from George and Josh." And he repeats everything we say. He amazes us with his verbal ability!
- He is sweet. He will sometimes come up and just grab onto our legs and bury his face into them as a hug. He HAS to give hugs and kisses to EVERYONE before he will lay down for bedtime. And he will say "Night-night, I love you." He is sometimes willing to share his stuff, and he also has empathy (when we fake cry, he starts to get upset).
- He is all boy. He loves dirt, rocks, vehicles (especially trains), bugs, dinosaurs...all of the things that many little boys naturally gravitate towards.
- He is growing up way too fast. He has started to do things that make him seem even older than he is. He has peed on the potty once already! He puts his own clothes in the hamper (by request, of course). He is really good at doing simple commands of all sorts, actually. And he is losing some of his babyish look. *sigh*
We are so very blessed to have this little man in our lives. He brings joy, laughter, and chaos to our home, and we love him to pieces. He is SO cute (which is partly why he gets his way so much), bright, and fun. We thank God for adding him to our family!