Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Time Flies

Where did June go? Yikes. Time is flying faster than I can cope with. We leave for vacation on Friday! Our house is a disaster, and I have to finish laundry and pack and run errands and pay bills and clean...but some of my list will be left undone, to be sure.

My baby is getting so big! He can roll both ways now. He is grabbing his toes. He responds to his name (I think he does, anyway). He plays with toys. And his toes are trying to poke through his 6-9 month sleeper that he's wearing right now. And we started him on cereal, which he is actually getting the hang of, even after only 3 tries. He does have his unsavory moments, though. He still manages to pee over his shoulder when I change his diaper (which is both comical and maddening). And he drools like a faucet. And he loves to jerk his head around and get his hands in the way when we are attempting to feed him the aforementioned cereal.

My big boys are surprising me daily with their cognitive abilities, conversational skills (with some sass sprinkled in), sharp memories and of course their endless supply of energy. Their personalities are taking shape even more and it is fun to observe their differences and interactions. And, they both have been using the potty more. Yippee!

I would like to post some pictures, but that will have to wait.

As for now, I will try not to despair that I didn't lose as much weight as I would have liked before our family reunion. And I will try to relax about the house not being clean before we leave (I certainly doubt it will happen, anyway). And I will try to pack light. And I will probably not post anything until we get back. And hopefully I will have some fun stories and photos to share.

No comments: