Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Hope I'm Not Jinxing Myself For Saying This...

But I think the boys are BOTH completely potty trained now! I know! How did that happen and I didn't say anything until now? Well, I have been working. And watching Olympics. That's my best excuse.

What really sealed it for me in my mind was when we went to Sam's Club on Saturday and they both used the restroom there FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. They have both gone at my parents' house, and church, but never in another public place. So this was the moment it dawned on me. Josh has been in underwear going on 2 weeks now (George for quite a bit longer). I think something must have clicked, because now he's telling us when he has to go. And they both stay dry overnight and everything. It's a wonderful thing. I even took back a whole un-opened box of training pants. I'm so proud.

In other news, Blake turned 7 months old yesterday with no fanfare whatsoever. Poor baby. He is changing more and more every day. He has started rocking when he's in a sitting position - it's SOO cute. Josh used to do that a lot as a baby too. He has more hair than both of his big brothers did combined at this age. And it's BLONDE. Not a bit red. Not right now, at least. It's harder to tell in pictures, as sometimes the lighting makes it look reddish tinted. But it's not. He's a blondie.

He's babbling a ton, and he's recently started hugging us - which melts our hearts entirely. He is loving his ExerSaucer, and eating new foods, and he is just a happy little guy.

I have so many things to write about, and I need to post some pictures and videos, but all of that takes time, you see. I am trying to get ready for a garage sale and a visit from Chris' parents. Plus I have MOPS deadlines. So my blogging has been put on the backburner for now.

Coming soon...my crunchy plan, homeschool preschool, Qigong, and much more. Oh, and pictures and videos. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

You're going to homeschool preschool, too? I was going to ask you if you wanted to do some homeschool stuff together! But I was afraid you were so busy with work... Anyway, can't wait to read your plans... :-)

3BoyMommy said...

Yes, that is my plan. In fact, what with the yard sale this weekend (yikes!), we're hoping to get the basement cleared out enough to create a lovely little preschool area. The work thing will only be for a few more weeks, and then I'm going to try and get started. We should definitely talk about doing stuff together - how fun would that be?! We'll have to get our curriculum going. How exciting!