Monday, March 9, 2009

A Quick Update

As I wrap things up for tonight, I thought I'd pop on here and post a brief message since it's been SO long.

I have been working like crazy trying to prep my house to be market worthy. There have been MANY obstacles that have cropped up during this ever-so-long process. We all just got over the stomach flu, for instance. But now I am close. I am so close I can taste it!

Tomorrow: Finish up cleaning and move furniture for carpet cleaners.
Wednesday: Carpet cleaners come in the morning, and in the afternoon, arrange furniture and do any touch up cleaning. Also apply carpet protector to major walkways (the self-adhesive stuff that looks like Saran Wrap).
Thursday: House goes on the market!!!!

Please pray that God has the perfect buyer(s) in mind and that they will be shown quickly and decide quickly that this house will perfectly meet their needs, and that it is a great deal! That's not too much to ask, is it?

I have discovered through this laborious journey that I am quite handy. I knew I wasn't half bad with DIY stuff, but I have done several things that I have never tried before. Now I am excited to use my newfound confidence with tools in our next home. I have project ideas swirling in my brain - and with Chris being a consummate handyman, there's no limit to what we can accomplish! Well, except there is the issue of money. And time. Well, and opportunity. It's fun to dream anyway, that someday I will install a beautiful tile backsplash in my kitchen.

So much more I would love to share, but I need to head back over to Mom & Dad's house and get some much needed sleep. Tomorrow is another big day. One step closer to our family being together again!

No comments: