Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blogging Backlog

Where do I begin after such an extended absence (at least in blogging terms)? There are so many things I want to blog about, but it will take some time to get caught up. And as this was supposed to be meant as a do-it-as-I-go kind of thing, I will likely never get to everything I *had* wanted to post about.

Having said that, I realize that I need to put more substance up that reflects the true purpose of this blog - life with the kiddos. I will still muse about various topics here and there, but hopefully with a more thought-out plan rather than just rambling (but I'm prone to rambling, so I'm sure a fair amount of that is unavoidable - and I am now proving my point). As I'm sitting here, George & Joshua are playing with their (second-hand, which we love) Tinker Toys, building lots of creative structures (like rocket ships). The baby is in the swing, and he just said "ma-ma." I know he wasn't referring to me, but it was still really nice to hear those particular babbling consonants.

These boys are starting to require a lot more stimulation and energy (from me), so I will be setting some goals for myself and them: regular exercise, back to more wholesome nutrition, and starting pre-school (at home). It is becoming increasingly obvious that the time I have left to really be the primary influence is going to be gone in a flash. The first 3 years have flown, and exponentially so since adding Blake. He will be 8 months old in a week!

I am hoping to also include some regular picture posting on here for those who need their fix. Now to finish my tea with coconut oil (something new I'm trying out, and hopefully an explanation will follow at some point) and interact with my brood. I am blessed.

No comments: